Monday, March 7, 2011

Rango



My wife and I went on a date yesterday and we went and saw the movie Rango.  There were many people that had brought their small children to see the movie.  Based on the commercials and advertising I also thought that this was a kids movie.  The range of children was probably 3 to 10 years old.  I also did not realize that the movie was rated PG until I saw it in the beginning of the movie.  I think that the 10 year olds were probably alright with the movie, but everyone younger I would have steered away from the movie due to language and some scary parts.  The language was my biggest concern though.  I think that today tv and movies for children are adding language that our children need to hear.

The movie I thought was interesting.  There were some funny parts and the acting and CGI were excellent, but the movie had a weird factor to it.  Johnny Depp usually does a "different" style of film.  I have always like his films, but this one got a little long.  Overall, I would say this is not a movie for kids.  Adults can follow it and might still get lost in the story.  As a rating I would give it a B-.

No comments:

Post a Comment